The Department Secretary can be reached at the office, except during the lunch hour. She is available to assist with general questions.
Plans may be dropped off at the office, information picked up, and messages left with her.
- Code enforced to 2021 IBC and 2018 IRC requirements
- The building department requires new residence and commercial plans to be engineer stamped
- Frost depth: 28 inches
- Seismic Zone: D
- Wind exposure – C 85 miles per hour
- Design loads for Adams County:
Wind load – 85 miles per hour
Snow Roof loads:
Council, Salmon River, Indian Valley areas: 80lbs per sq ft (live)
New Meadows area: 100 lbs.
Rock Flat, Bear: 120
- Set back required by County:
20 ft off property line
10 ft between buildings
80 ft from the center line of a right-of-way (unless in a subdivision)
Also See Zoning Ordinance pg. 14 Sec 3-3