8AM- 5PM Monday - Friday
(208) 253-4561 Option 5
(208) 253-4880
Mailing Address
PO Box 48 Council, ID 83612
Physical Address
201 Industrial Ave. Council, ID 83612

Marriage Licenses

If you will be married in Idaho, you must obtain a marriage license. Licenses are issued in the Recorder’s office. If you will be married in another state, you will need to get a marriage license from that state.

Requirements for people over 18 years of age:

  1. Application forms for a marriage license must be filled out.
  2. Both people need to appear at the courthouse in person.
  3. Both need forms of photo identification.
  4. Pay the fee of $26.

For people under 18 years of age (but over 16), a parent for each person under 18 must also appear, in addition to those requirements above.

In addition to the above requirements, and the requirement of one parent for each 16-year-old, a person under 16 years of age must have an appointment with the Magistrate Judge to obtain a court order permitting the 16-year-old to be married.

No waiting period or blood tests are required.

Two copies of the marriage license are issued. One copy is for the couple and one copy is to be sent in for recording by the person performing the ceremony.

201 Industrial Ave. Council, Idaho 83612
(208) 253-4561
(208) 253-4227
Website Policies
Employee Portal